Sunday, April 18, 2010

No church today!

This morning I was reminded that My husband had to work so no church today. To tell the truth I really did not want to go...I mean lets face it trying a new church for me is like getting a physical. You know you need to go but you wait until the last minute. I mean come on a new church is not like Christmas where you are excited about all the gifts that are under the tree. To me going to a new church is awful and I HATE IT!!! Only two things can happen at a new church it can have great worship and a great message or it can have crappy worship and by then I don't even hear the message. Or the church can be stuck up or too much in your face. A hello is nice, the kids rooms are... but come on who wants to be greeted at the door with a list of all your sins...

So since I wasn't going to go to church I could listen to some worship music and have a great day. So we put music on and decided to clean up the muddy mess of our driveway. Sorting the rock from the dirt...sounds fun right? After getting all the dirt off the driveway and all the rocks back into the flower beds I realized that I was burnt to a crisp. My four little lobsters didn't look any better than I and now feeling like this day was a complete failure I was reminded that I sang today. I mean I sang! Something I haven't done in a long time. Don't get me wrong I love Lady Gaga and we love Justin Bieber in this house (have an eight year old). But that isn't the singing I am talking about... I'm taking the kind of singing where you feel like... I can't describe it. Its almost like... a place where you can be you, just your naked self no fake smiles no one to lie to just you...Like when you come home after being gone a long time. If you are not a singer then I'm sorry this doesn't make since. All I can say is I sang! My daughter and son sang!... "Oh praise him, Oh praise him, He is holy, He is holy". So I sit her and think that maybe just maybe it wasn't a waste of a day after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment