Friday, April 23, 2010

What else in my life happens when I am not looking?

I thought that putting on a movie would buy me time to get the bar done but I was wrong!!! After a couple of minutes the quiet set in and the mess began. First the youngest split the cereal all over the table and then tried to clean it up and made a bigger mess when the bag fell off the table on to the floor. Then her little helper came over and with cups in hand decided to put the cereal into cups and eat it. While this was happening he split the cereal bowl with milk that one of the older kids left out all over the floor. To clean this up they opened the kennel and let out Abbey to lick up all the milk. So far at least they are trying.... Right! While I cleaned up cereal and but the dog back... Little one got a hold of my coffee and pored it down the front of her (luckily it was on the cool side). Went in to clean up the coffee and now she is naked in the garage looking for a brush to help me paint. Put clothes on her and started again on the bar only to hear " Mom she is spilling water all over the floor" so off I go to find the mess maker and sure enough she is naked again because her clothes got wet from trying to fill up the fish tank with a pitcher that she filled from the bathroom tub! Cleaned up the mess and got her dressed again. While dressing my little girl my son found his way into the kitchen only to play with the caulking gun and tried to hide it behind his back! RIGHT! Like I can't see it. Cleaned him up left him on the counter turned around to stop the mess maker from making a mess in the closet. She was trying to make up her mind on what she was going to eat for lunch. Put the chips and candy back in the closet and turned back around to finish the job of getting the helper cleaned up. But something wasn't right with his attitude so after setting him back on the ground I followed him in to his room to catch him discussing with the mess maker about his great find!!! He found daddy's secret hiding place and that he needed her help to get it... CANDY!!! So I walked back into the kitchen to observe this great sneak attack. But, it didn't happen. So made lunch for the kids and tried in a hurry to finish the bar. When again they were really quiet... To my surprise they had gotten down the box of peeps form Easter and were eating them is complete quiet. I mean complete quiet not a sound! Picked up the mess from the peeps and the rest of the house before the man and the other mess makers got home.

While all this was happening I kept wondering... what else in my life happens when I am not looking? Good news is after all that happened today I still finished the bar, grouted the tile, and put the polyurethane on the wood I stained yesterday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment