Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Rock Garden!

Woke up this morning in a pretty good mode. I had the busiest day! I needed to finish cleaning (we have family coming), then we had to get our veggies, and then go and pick up my little girl from her sleep over. All this and to be back by noon. So off we went, on our way back from picking up veggies I stopped by a moving sale and bought some pavers for our "Rock Garden". The past couple of nights I have been digging up rocks from our road and property for what my son calls our new rock garden. We have flower beds in the front of our house that so not drain and we moved in and the last owner filled them up with dirt and planted grass. So we dug up the grass and rototiller them up and now I am filling them up with rock and now new pavers that cost me a big $13. After putting them in the car we drove to pick up my girl from the sleep over. I forgot how much you do not sleep at sleepovers. She looked like death, She said that she did not sleep because the other girls snored and they left the TV on and it made a weird noise in the middle of the night. She slept the whole way home and now we were in a cleaning frenzy. My brother and sister showed up with the kids and motorcycles and now my kids want bikes more than ever. My sister drove with the mess maker and my little helper and my little ones want bikes now. YEAH! how do we come up with that kind of cash? Not to mention my older kids have been bugging me ever since my niece and nephew got bikes for Christmas! "Why didn't we get bikes" "Its not fair". I believe I am starting to sound like a broken mom record. "Life isn't fair... If life was fair I would be a singer and we would be rich". HA-HA I think that is what all moms say. Even grandparents only they put there own twist on it. After looking for the little helper who had put himself to sleep (not realizing how late it was and should have let him continue to sleep). Waking him up to enjoy a wonderful meal, thank you Chef. I am full and off to bed before another busy day with kids and motorcycles!

No comments:

Post a Comment