Wednesday, April 21, 2010

" Yep my life is ruined... I have a sore on my head and a hurt shoulder."

After arguing with my oldest kids (this seams to be getting worse with our oldest and he is only in 4th grade) and getting them out the door to catch the bus I laid on the couch and thought this is going to be a great day off. No babies, no kids, no fighting, no crying! I thought Yeah!!! I can catch up on some cleaning, TV, and maybe even a nap. After a short phone call and deciding what my plans were going to be the phone rang again and it was school. I knew right then that it wasn't my daughter because she never calls, never! She just comes home, cries and without speaking goes to her room that is how I know she is sick... But, not our oldest he is best friends with the school secretaries and nurse. I get at least one phone call a week (I believe there is a bigger problem at school). This time I even knew what he had done before the nurse even told me. So off to school to pick him up and drive to the doctors to prove to him that I am right. I think that this is going to be a never ending battle! At school he reads all these sicknesses in the office and convinces himself that is what he has. This week is was either shingles or scabies YUK! Which I knew his little rash was from weed-eating around our property this weekend. Seeing how he is allergic to everything and I mean everything! (a tiny bug bite blows up his body and we have to get a pen out and start drawing circles and marking time). After a short visit with the doctor...Guess what? he is not dieing... at least not today! With a new Epipen, some cream and a return back to school note we left the doctors... my morning alone is over!

After doing nothing I wanted to do LIKE ALWAYS!!! We returned home he did school work and I sanded and stained the wood on our new bar... cleaned, did laundry, and picked up before everyone returned home. Then the kids were off to music practice and I made dinner. I had a long day of the BAH! HUMBUGS! I tried to think of something to write down for the day but nothing seem life changing. I didn't even get a chance to try something new or even old. But, then I was greeted with my oldest daughter flopping face down on to the ottoman with tears falling from her face saying " Yep my life is ruined... I have a sore on my head and a hurt shoulder." After kissing and reassuring her that she was made for greatness it made me think...today I wish my life was ruined because of a sore on my head and a hurt shoulder... not because of wrongs, being angry, frustrated, fights, hurts, a loss, things I wish I didn't say, things I wish I would have said...just a hurt shoulder and a sore on my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment