Friday, April 16, 2010

Two Years without God!

Crazy title for a Blog? I don't think so. A guess a little back ground would make it more understandable but... maybe not. After two major events in my life, things in my family changed in ways I never thought possible. Ways that make me think over and over WHY! So after two years without God I am going to try 180 days with God. Why 180? It made since. Here is my list of things I haven't done in 2 years:
1. Don't sing or write music!
2. Don't Read the bible or scriptures (except when given a scripture, reading cards or on facebook pages).
3.Don't Pray, well everyone prays even people who do not believe in God whether they know it or not... everyone prays. I pray in the car, over dinner, when my kids need prayer, when someone is sick, In the shower etc... but I don't pray like I use to. My prayers are more out of frustration.
4.Don't go to church.

We were watching American Idol last night (thank you DVR) and my oldest said "mom I bet you would really do good." I said what? He said "I bet you would do really well on American Idol." I told him that not only am I too old but that encouragement in that area of my life did not happen when I was younger. I tell my children everyday that they were made for greatness and that they were born to do.... He than said to me "I bet you were born to do that." He is probable right I guess I have lost my purpose and forgotten what I was born to do. So here we go day one! I have a purpose and I was born to do it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what the Lord is going to show you...thank you for blogging so we can watch your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i just realized you have a blog lol. so i read every post =) you are a great person and God wants to do all those things in our lives that we want for our kids lives right??? so start praising, reading, praying and getting plugged in to a church God knows your desires, now you got to move forth with doing what you need to do, cant wait to hear what God shows you friend!

    ReplyDelete