Friday, June 25, 2010

To Chris Champion and Christian Arburua

After seeing a post the other night and by a chance Facebook prompt (reconnect with...) I am going to dedicate this blog to two very special people who made me realize that I am totally messing this up. To Chris, a wonderful man who lost his battle with cancer but who won his battle because of the legacy he left behind...It is because of your death last year and reading your blog that made me realize that I need to get this God thing under control. I know that you are not on this earth anymore but I fell like I need to tell you something. You are amazing your blog that you left behind is truly amazing and where I want to be someday. You know God in a way that I never knew I wanted and needed. You are wise beyond your years and I can not believe you would have turned 21 this year!

I must think that you are with God because you have awesome parents who Got it! I mean they really GOT IT!!! I have decided that your mom and dad are the type of believers that I need to become. Although your dad is with you...your mom and dad did it right. They showed you what following God looked like and through there service they opened the door for you to become a man after Gods own heart. Your mom is not the typical christian she is not a backstabber, gossiper, Hippocratic, hurtful christian that turns people away. She is a caring, listing, praying, worshiper after Gods heart. This is rare and a wonderful gift.(I never knew how rare until it was gone and I started looking for it again). Your dad was a rock in the lord and had his heart so connected to God that sometimes it was hard to see just your dad. I know that I moved away and didn't know about the loss of your dad and I heard about your loss too late to come to your life ceremony. Its because of you that I am searching for a new purpose. I want to say Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Although thank you is not enough and may be too late. Thank you Dawn, Dan, Mihaela for allowing your son and brother to continue to encourage people like me.

To amazing Christian even though you may not know it you are an inspiration to me and your walk with God has inspired me to really get my life in order. I am not sure why us musicians struggle so much with where our place with god is supposed to be. But I want you to know that even in your struggles I see God all around you. You are an amazing man of God and your music inspires me to write and write and write. You have a gift of great proportions and I want you to know that! I want you to know that God has a plan for you and that your gift is part of that plan. You are an amazing musician and I don't ever want you to forget that. EVER! Keep playing and writing new music, never give that gift up not even for a second. I am thankful for your posts and for your wisdom. I feel like you see God in a way that although not conformed to traditional Christianity is a way that someday will be use for the masses. I want to say thank you for being my muse(musically)! Thank you for listing to me! Thank you for being just you!


To all my readers, I started out doing this thinking it doesn't matter who reads this I am doing this for me. Well that is not the case anymore. I do care and I am thankful that you are going though this with me... One blog at a time, the funny, gross, sad, and lost parts of me are in this blog this is the whole me. Thank you for the emails, comments, and prayers. Even the ones who are anonymous THANK YOU!

I made pizza and the kids are asleep and I am going to bed before 9PM YEAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment