Wednesday, June 23, 2010

You created me and I turned away...

This morning has been one of those mornings that I would like to forget. After fighting with the oldest and attempting to get the house clean. I have decided that I will try again tomorrow. Sil is a blessing and let me take a nap... Well tried to take a nap! Phone call after phone call. I made fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, squash, and a salad. I love food like this it reminds me of my Nana and her wonderful southern food. Yummy! For the most part a very uneventful day! I love days like this. It did go quickly and I stayed up late again and played games with SIL while the kids slept. I will be sad tomorrow when she leaves.

While online I came upon a post that my friend posted and I wanted to share it:

You created me and I turned away, you brought me out of the darkness and I turned away, you saved me countless times only for me to turn away... I am not worthy to even bow at your feet and yet you call me to sit at your side and eat and drink with you... I am nothing without you and yet you give everything to me...you are my God!

This is exactly how I feel. I wonder if my search for God stems from not having parents who go to church, or being abused when I was younger, or if its a journey that I must go on? What ever it is...it is tiring and I just want peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment