Saturday, May 22, 2010

Breakfast, Birthday party and Family!

Well, here I am up late and all I can think about is how today did not go as planed. But, then again does anything ever go as planed? Maybe that is my problem. I plan. I could write about this plan that I had but... really at what cost? Who will get hurt and is it worth it? I believe that in every thing you do you can chose to see the bad or you can choose to see the good. Since I am trying to see the good that happened today here it is. We celebrated E's first birthday and Mo's tenth even though his real b-day is not until next weekend. My first instinct this morning was to get pissed off at all the drama but I decided not to let it bother me and just smile and go with the flow. Made french toast for everyone so Super Chef didn't have to cook. Cleaned the house ( in a panic thankfully I ended up having more time) to get ready for the rest of the family to show up and just turned the music up and danced. Lunch was wonderful (thank you Super Chef) and the cake and cupcakes I made with the new recipe were good (lovin' that butter cream frosting)I also made homemade ice cream which I think makes everything taste better (It also reminds me of my Nana and how she made homemade ice cream for events in the summer). Laughing at a bad situation seems to be working for me I didn't yell or cry or even let it get me down. E almost cried when we sang to her and did not want anything to do with the cake but give her a spoon and some ice cream and she was great! Taking little bites and trying not to make a mess. Mo loved his camera that his uncle gave him and started taking picture of everyone (he loved his other gifts but for some reason mlmm bit the top off of his present and man did the tears flow).(I think she has some obsession with styrofoam she bits it and spits it out like a dog. Weird Right! After the party was over Mo and LE (this is what I will be calling my nephew) went to my moms to stay the night and swim in the warm pool. The rest of the kids watched movies and the adults watched a movie and laughed. I didn't have an awe moment today but I did learn something about who I am and who I wish to not be and I guess that is what this blog was to bee all about. So today I am grateful for advice that was given to me and the ability to see the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment