Thursday, May 6, 2010

I have a new definition for the phrase "Drag Queen"

I have a new definition for the phrase "Drag Queen"! My oldest daughter came in this morning and said "mlmm is being a Drag Queen!" "What?" I said. "You know a D R A G QUEEN!" she said to me with attitude. It was almost like she was saying DUH MOM. You know that look kids give you. So I asked her "What do you think Drag queen means." (When you ask kids this question it is almost scary... you might get the right answer.) She said " you know when you go to the bathroom and do not wipe well and you drag!" (all I could think of was those dogs that drag there buts on the floor. She was so serious when she told me this answer I looked at her and said " no I don't think that is what a drag queen is". It wasn't until I told this story to the man that he laughed to her face and told her what a Drag Queen really was. I think it is funny how kids hear words and they make up their own definitions for them. I think that we should all make up our own words and definitions. It would be like having your own family language. Like texting. YKWIM...(YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) If you don't text then when you get one its like What?

I had a conversation with my cousin today and I got me thinking of one of my favorite worship songs... Why is it that so many of us see God and hear God but we turn and thank other things? In the song it says... Many men will drink the rain and turn to thank the clouds... many men will hear you speak but they will never turn around. I wounder how many times I thanked the clouds and didn't turn around. Maybe that is why I am where I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUpmKIGmU0
I will not forget You

(vs1) Many men will drink the rain
And turn to thank the clouds
Many men will hear You speak
But they will never turn around

I will not forget You are my God, my King
And with a thankful heart I bring my offering
And my sacrifice is not what You can give
But what I alone can give to you

A grateful heart I give, A thankful prayer I pray,
A wild dance I dance before you
A loud song I sing, A huge bell I ring,
A life of praise I live before You

(vs2) Many men will pour their gold
And serve a thing that shines
Many men will read your words
But they will never change their minds

My mom is coming home tonight! Thank you GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment