Monday, May 10, 2010

Unconditional Love

Unconditional Love! That is a phrase that you hear a lot growing up and now that I am older and trying to figure out what my relationship with God is it makes me wounder what is unconditional love? Everyone says that God loves you unconditionally, but if you have not seen that kind of love then how do you know? Do not get me wrong I love my kids and I am trying not to mess them up, but...Everywhere in my life there are conditions when it comes to love...I will only love you if...I will only love you if you do not speak to that person...I will only love you from a distance... I will only love you if you do what I want not and not what you need... I will only love you if... or its like I only love you when you are doing what I want... I only love you when you are suffering...I only love you when you make me happy... I only love you when...You get the point. I know that unconditional love is out there somewhere but I do not think that I have experienced it. So I guess my question to all you cats out there... Where do I find unconditional love?

1 comment:

  1. In your mothers arms when you are sick.
    In your mothers arms when the kids at school were not nice.
    In your mothers arms when the first boy you fell in love with broke your heart.
    In your mothers eyes when she sees what a wonderful woman, wife, and mother you have grown up to be.

    All you have to do is open your heart and you will find it everywhere- especially when you look into your moms eyes- and her arms are always open.

    Mothers don't know everything- they just pray everynight that they are making a better world for their children than they had.

    ReplyDelete