Thursday, May 27, 2010

"I want peace and quiet!"

Today has been a crazy day with lots of cleaning and laundry. The man returned tonight and I needed to get the house cleaned for him and our friends that were dropping off their daughter for the weekend. So, I woke up and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned! After getting the house done and helping SIL get her stuff cleaned up and ready for her to leave tonight I sat down and got a movie started for the kids so I could try this shower thing again. It worked this time.

When I got out of the shower and all ready for the man to return I heard a funny conversation between mlmm and SIL. So SIL said " I want a million dollars" then mlmm said "I want a million bucks" then back to SIL to say " I want a million dollars" again mlmm said getting louder "I want a million bucks" after a couple more times of this I think that mlh had enough because he chimed in with "you know what I want... I want peace and quiet!" I find this so funny because first this is a great line from the movie What about Bob and also because The man says this to the kids all the time when he is watching TV. So here is my four year old becoming the man by saying I want peace and quiet during his TV show. It amazes me daily to see how much my boys are like the man at times and other times its like a stranger has invaded there little bodies.

So after a some what of a peaceful evening our friends showed up after getting lost and backing up on a on ramp. We made coffee on off they went back to Bakersfield. I am up late and wish I was in bed sleeping. When they left the sound woke up the little ones and now I am waiting for there little eyes to go to sleep. Watched a sad movie and now I am grateful. Grateful that I know what real peace is and although I am waiting for everyone around me to also find it I wouldn't trade my crap for other peoples crap! Thank you God for my suffering! So for tonight I will be happy and grateful for my crazy dysfunctional family!

No comments:

Post a Comment