Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jam, shirts and wiping my kisses off!

I woke up this morning and started printing pictures for the girls scrapbooks. When the kids decided to wake up we ate breakfast and washed laundry. I put on a movie for the older kids so I could start cleaning in order to make some jam today. I finished cleanind made Mac n cheese for the kids and jam making was on. My goal was to have it set. Well the girls come in an R stirred the jam and mod helped get the jars ready. We did a taste test and loaded up those jars. Sealed the jars and I think it didn't work. I do not understand. I followed the directions added the time for the elevation and it looks worse than the last batch. This batch looks like syrup. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to see how bad it is. I am not giving up on this jam thing. I am gonna figure this out if it kills me.

I promised to make shirts today so after cleaning up the jam mess. I got into the shirt mode and sat in the computer room trying to get the shirts done. There is nothing worse than trying to figure out how to make the shirts and going on line trying to make it reversed or mirror image and spending all this time to realize that your printer has a button that you check and its done like that. I can not believe it. At least next time it will take only 5 minutes. It was funny to see the girls discuss which picture hey wanted to use. I have decided that R is a planner to the most extreme and mod is a doer. That is why they get along! I think that if R had her way she would have a time sheet out with our hour to hour all planned. Its too funny! So we ironed the shirts and I think they have 10 outfits the same.

The man BBQ ed some chicken and I made potatoes, greenbeens and bread. I love simple meals like this so do the kids. Got the kids to bed and now I am laying in bed woundering how tomorrow will work out.

On a funny note this evening mlmm fell asleep on my lap and I told the girls to watch. I kissed all over her face... this is the only way she wont wipe them off and say "off!" I have never seen mod laugh in silent before. Then she said " I'm gonna tell her tomorrow and see what she does". I think it is so funny I wonder where she got that from. She just started doing it. I know she has done it to my mom before but never to me.

Got the jam, shirts, and pictures printed! Only scrapbooks left and magic mountain left on R's list. I think those things might have to wait until later on this summer. Not to bad we have been going and going since she got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment