Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mo did laundry...I am a jam rock star!

Got up this morning and I am so tired. I can not believe it I feel like I need to go back to sleep and sleep for days and days. My wonderful sil got up and feed the kids. I think from crying last night mod is tired too. I got in the shower and I love taking long showers and since moving into our new house which is on a well I haven't been able to do that. I just sat there in the peace and quiet and let the shower hit my skin and it was so renewing. Still can't eat and my heart is still aching.

While getting ready to leave I saw mo do something I am so proud of. He set the timer and was helping sil with the laundry. Before I knew it he was out the door and came back in with the sheets, had put the other clothes in the dryer and went back out to start the next load. What! How did this happen and why isn't he doing this at our house. I guess things are gonna have to change at home. I did ask him why he doesn't help at home his response was what I thought it would be " because he doesn't have to hang up the clothes". Ha I knew that was the case I hate hanging up clothes too. But I bet I am more green then most people, it also saves us money. I still think it will change...he's gonna start when he returns. I used to love doing laundry when I was younger. I loved to see that pile gone it was like I accomplished something.

Sil made sack lunches for the kids and away we went. Saw the puppies on the side of the freeway and drove through tehachapi. I love the drive and it seems to not be as long even though it probably is. On the way home I decided to spend money we didn't have to buy a pot big enough to can and some pectin so I could fix that stupid jam that looked like syrup. When we got home mod and I started all over by sterilizing the jars and putting all the syrup back into the pot. Mixed some pectin and away we went. The awesome thing about having that big pot is I fit them all in at once. Now we have jam. The first one that looks like jam. Finally! I am jam rock star! Now we will have To see what it tastes like. I also do not like the way strawberry/plum jam smells like yuck! It must be me. The kids said it taste great on the taste test.

Made tuna melts for dinner and since the kids slept the whole way home they stayed awake forever. They are usually in bed by seven thirty eight at the latest. It took them until 10:30 to all fall asleep. I am so tired! The man went to bed early and I am up. Like always I know he has a job!

I forgot to mention I called an old friend yesterday and it didn't kill me it was like old times. I want to say thank you for allowing me to call dump all my problems with out judgement. You gave me sound advice and I know that this is exactly what I needed. I love you and I am forever grateful for our friendship. You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment