Wednesday, July 14, 2010

June gloom where are you? please come and rescue me!

Okay how many days until fall. I know the heat just started and I should be thankful because of my garden and all the veggies but I am not liking this heat. In fact I hate it! I am up late tossing and turning and wishing it was nice in here. I think my mom ruined me! Yep she did, she always has the house at 69 and having it at 76 is truely killing me.

Mom came and got the kids first thing this morning and took them to the beach with her. With all the kids gone I did dishes and laundry. Picked up the house and watched the TV that I can't watch with the kids up or home. It was nice to clear off stuff on my dvr. Mo and sil came and man I think they brought the heat with them.

When mom brought the kids home it was so funny to see them covered in sand. I guess they buried each other in the sand. All I can say about that is there is sand in places it shouldn't be. Ha! I wish I could have kept it for our pool. There was so much! While the kids were getting bathed I decided to be stupid and cook!

I made a salad, spaghetti with a creamy meat sauce, bread and I even made a peach cobbler. So after cooking I couldn't even think about eating. I was so hot and I thought I was gonna pass out or puke! So I left after mlh and mlmm prayed the cutest prayer I went into the bathroom and decided to take a cold shower. I really miss our pool. In Bakersfield I would jump into the pool while cooking so I could be cool. But no pool and I was hot! So after the shower I still couldn't eat because of the heat.

Watched some so you think you can dance and before it was over I was grouchy, tired and hot! Sil went with mlh so she could get him to sleep, mod was hot and went to sleep on her own but not before expressing her anger about her room, the dog, and the heat. Mo fought with me about going to bed and mlmm fell asleep on my lap. The man went to bed after getting back from the meeting about cheer and football. He came home all in a huff, I guess they didn't make since and didn't give any directions earlier about stuff that should have been turned in. Sil went to bed and since no one is awake mo is finally going to bed.

I am up it's hot! I hate it and I am trying to see the positive today but all I see is hot hot hot! I know not like Bakersfield hot, I am sorry to all my bako friends. Bako nights are a no bueno. I have decided that we are going to need to see about getting that air on tomorrow. Or at least shutting all the doors and windows before the hot starts tomorrow. I also am not cooking in the heat again! Yuck! June gloom where are you please come and rescue me!

2 comments:

  1. You have 68 days until Fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait. Now another count down. Haha just joking!

    ReplyDelete