Monday, August 23, 2010

101 degrees outside and we went to the zoo...How stupid am I?

Got up this morning and I felt like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time. I love making my kids guess where we are going. After about 10 minutes of mlh and mo guessing mlmm come in and said "HELLO we are going to see elephants!!!" then mo said "HA I was right!" which he was not right. I do not think he even thought about that. Made lunches and explained to the kids that there father was home and if they made me mad they could stay home and bring him ice. Since no one thought that was a fun thing off we went and I thought the excitement was going to kill them. I know that mo can get under anyone's skin but, man was he on a mission this morning. I have learned to ignore him and then he stops but that is not so easy for other people I have found out. I thought SIL was going to ask to go home only after 5 minutes in the car. Got gas and then got Starbucks. I can not believe it I got to drink it all by myself. Yeah!

When we got to the zoo between the bees and the sign on the window I should have said lets go to the aquarium. But, I guess I am stupid! Due to the extreme heat some animals will be harder to see that others. EXTREME heat! OH MY they were not joking! I bought the tickets anyway and then decided that I didn't want to hear a thing from ANYONE! We were going to have a great time no matter how hot it was!! I now looking back on it totally acted like my mom on a mission. I am laughing now but I still do not think anyone else is. I mean I looked at that map and figured out where we needed to go and how fast we needed to go and didn't care who got left behind I wanted to see as much as possible before the heat got to bad. I think SIL was going to either kill me or the kids. Sitting here writing this I realized that maybe we should have just slowed down and took our time but...i guess from all the rushing around with my mom I realized this was the best way to see everything and to make sure you get my money worth.

HA HA I am totally cracking myself up right now. I mean you should have seen me I bet I looked like the crazy mom with four kids and a sister in law who wanted to die. I realized through this little experiment... SIL and mo get grouchy when they get hot and hungry and I go faster when people complain. I can not believe it! I totally rushed us out of there in 6 hours and saw everything. I also decided that I was going to be my dad and not pay for tram tickets so we walked the entire zoo!!! Oh did I forget to mention it was 101 outside! I even sprayed water on the cry babies when they complained. Next time we will not go in a heat wave and we will pay to ride the tram!

When I got home the man gave me the something is wrong look and then said we need to go to the doctors tomorrow I think something is wrong. So my day has just gone from hot to hotter. Got mo to practice and when I got home I made dinner and then went back to pick him up. Sil bathed the kids and I am thankful for her even though I totally stressed her out today. I will say with all my craziness we saw a lot and ate sandwiches and grapes in the car on the way home and only spent money on the tickets and I think we got what we paid for. I know that it was totally worth it! 101 and all, I even got to use mussels I haven't used in years. It was like going to the gym with 4 kids. Pushing that stroller up and down all those roads. Yep! I guess this is one time when acting like a mom on a mission is a good thing!

Please pray for my man! I think something is really wrong and I am worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment