Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yes mo that is exactly what I wanted with my fish!

Well we got up this morning and I made coffee and breakfast burritos and I was the one ready to go! I was ready to go see the Boyden Cavern! I was the one saying lets go lets go! I realized that mod was not out of the camper. Usually Sil is the last one ready but not today... today it was mod. I went into the camper and saw someone who sounded like my daughter, was the same height as her but in no way looked like her. She looked like the stay puffed marshmallow man her face was so swollen and her eyes were shut. After a dose of benadryl and having her cry I realized that the mosquitoes that got her got her good. She was swollen all day and her arm was swollen and I think this will take days to go away. I think that the night fishing and mosquitoes are a bad combo for her. I even sprayed off on the kids. She must have some sweet smelling blood! It took a couple of minutes to convince her to come out and that although she looked bad and felt bad it was going to go away. The man said she looked like the mask and that did not make her laugh. ( Mask the movie with Cher)

So after breakfast and cleaning up to make sure we don't get bears in our food. Away we went! I really could have used a shower this morning but that did not happen and I really wish we had a way to use the bathroom! It would make this city girl so happy! We got in the car and the man brought his fishing gear incase there was time to fish and we got to the cavern and found out that if the dogs have water in the car and we park in the shade it would be okay for us to leave then! ( wish I would have known that yesterday) So we left the dogs in the car and got to the line for the cavern so late that everyone had already started on the hick up the mountain. It was a 1/4 mile straight up. I thought I would have had a hard time being so fat and all but it was a piece of cake. I am so glad that this weight is caused from my body being stupid and not my own fault from eating too much. One of these days I hope this thyroid fixes its self. After having mod it took about 3 years and then it went into hyper mode and I lost all the weight until I got pregnant again. Since that will not be happening again maybe I will get lucky and loose all this weight and it will stay gone for a while!

So we did the cavern thing and believe it or not mo did not give me any crap I think he thought it was pretty cool. We even got to take the explore root on the way back. Next time we go to Kings Canyon I want to see the Crystal Cavern. I will say having little ones and trying to make sure they didn't fall off or though the rails was hard so I am glad we got to all go together. Mlmm did fall due to the person in front of her. But, all and all a great time! Doing the small cave hopefully will ease them into the larger ones. Besides I think you have to be I think 13 to do the Chrystal Cavern. So, we have a couple of years to go!

After the cave the man and mo had me drop them off on the side of the road to fish. The rest of us went to camp. On the way to camp we stopped off and saw Grizzly Falls and I wish we had lunch with us because it was so beautiful. I got to talk to some people that were on the cave tour with us and I love people from overseas. Then after a wonderful 15 minutes I decided that I really need a vacation and Hawaii is looking like a great time. I would love to Italy and since that is never going to happen (at least not for a long time) Hawaii is looking like a great time.

Hung out at the camp and then it was time for us to go and pick up the man. We drove to where we dropped them off at and then we waited until they came to the road. It was a good thing because mlmm and mlh really needed a nap. As I saw the man come to the road I saw mo with some fish and then I saw him swinging the cleaned fish in to bushes and I thought... Yes, mo that is exactly what I wanted with my fish! How did you know I wanted some bushes with my fish! I told Sil and the man what I thought and SIL got it but I really think that the man thinks my jokes are not funny!

So we finally got to eat fish tonight and it was great. The man and the kids even ate some fish eyes and the fish face meat. I really think watching the travel channel has made them brave. Hey at least they ate the fish. Mlmm and mlh really liked it and that was surprising to me. I really think my kids eat things most toddlers wont even try. I am so thankful and grateful that they eat real food. How many kids do you know would rather eat a salad? So fish, my chili and some brauts for dinner. All I can say is when the man said he was going to fish every day and what he caught is what we were going to eat. I am so glad I packed for the worst case and brought so much food. We would have starved if I would have counted on the fishing. I will give him some room to wiggle out of this one since the ranger did tell us that because of the late summer the fish has been scarce where we were. So he lucked out there. I am just giving him crap!

So we had some marshmallows and went to bed pretty early. From the lack of sleep last night and from the early mornings I am so tired and so ready for a real shower and for a real bed. Home bound tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment