Monday, August 30, 2010

"Hey you're eating that, mom put oysters in there!"

I got up this morning and decided that today was going to be the day! I got the kids up and packed a bunch of fruit and some jam and even wrote a card. then we walked to the house and i sent mo over the fence and he knocked on the door. At first I thought this was a waste of time and then he knocked again and then she came to the door. I am so glad she did. We talked and we laughed and she even gave me the confidence I needed today. I talked to her about her choice in home schooling and signing the kids up for Awanas. She would even be mod's teacher. I didn't even think mod wanted to go until we got home. She is so excited to start school and wants to go next Wednesday. I can not believe how positive she is and how she really confirmed some things for me.

When we got back to the house mo and I decided to help the man out and weed eat the grass and pick up the front yard. I didn't think it was going to be a hard thing until I got out there and then I really had a stupid moment. The weed eater died and mo thought he could start it again but he flooded it. So we decided to get in the car and drag the property. We did that for a little while and then mlmm wanted out so we got out and ate lunch. The man came home shortly after we ate and he started the weed eater again for me and then he left for practice. When he was gone the weed eater died and i thought well he started it so easy it has to be a easy thing. Well I was totally wrong... I tried and tried and then called him and then tried and tried until pop out went my shoulder. I can not believe it... I am so sore and it hurts so bad. I will not be weed eating again for him. But at least the dragging I can do and I did it pretty well!


I made dinner tonight and when the man came home with the kids tonight mo rushed in and started in... that kid ate so much right before he was done the man came in and said hey you're eating that...mom put oysters in there! I thought he was going to puke up his entire dinner. He stopped eating put his food up and went and got into the shower. Poor boy I really think he is going to be a target for a while. I even explained that I didn't put that in the food but he wasn't even going to try to finish eating it.

While sitting here and typing this out I have decided that the next thing that has to happen in my life is I need to find a church not just keep trying new ones. All though I have decided that I could be a great church consultant (someone who goes to different churches and tells them where they can improve). I do feel like this is my calling because I have been every where and I have tried good churches and great churches big sucky churches and small good churches that are dieing. I really need to just jump in and get involved some where. Right now I feel like I am the person that is wadding in to the pool with 100 kids trying not to get my hair wet. With every step in it keeps getting harder and harder. I think I need to stop wadding get out and just jump in. When its hot outside and when there are all those kids once you do you feel so much better.

Things I learned today...my neighbor has a better garden than I...I think I can do this home school thing...and I have decided to become a church consultant! Anyone looking to fix their church? You should hire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment