Saturday, August 28, 2010

Look mom its snowing outside!

I woke up this morning with out a sign of the man being off all week he needed to get somethings done this morning. He was out the door before I even saw a light on. This never happens I always see him before he leaves. When I finally got up I heard mlh and mlmm looking out the sliding glass door with that look of excitement on their faces and then mlh starting screaming "Look mom its snowing outside!" I haven't seen them so excited in a long time. Then I walked over to the slider and saw the fog and man it did look like it was about to snow. I think that the kids really like the winter up here. Unfortunately it was just fog and mist and a nice 40 degrees outside. I do find this weird because it is supposed to be the hottest month in the year and it looks like winter outside.

Got the rest of the kids up and we picked up the house and got everyone ready to head out the door to go to Ventura for some football. I think because my growing up years did not include sports i think this whole football thing is totally crazy! So for the rest of the year it will be football on Saturday in the heat and then football on Sunday! Marring a sports man has its up and downs and I am not sure where I stand. Got a call from the man saying that he would be able to go with us so out the door we went and I decided to pack lunches which was a total smart thing! ( I even feed another mom's kids who did not know it was a all day thing!)

We got to Ventura and because our team is completely unorganized we were the first ones there and looked like fools waiting for everyone else to show up late. they gave mo the wrong size pants and thankfully another mom called the coach and complained so the team mom brought him the right size ( and her kid the right size). So off went the small ( so small I couldn't even get them over his pads and laced up) and on went the new I thought he was going to freak out changing in front of everyone. If only he knew how many times mod has had to do that. So three 40 minute games later and I am a tired, tired mom. for the most part the little ones did okay. Mod kept them entertained and thankfully there were other kids. Mlmm played dead and laid all over the stands and I just kept thinking this is going to be a long season. I think next weekend will be better, a real game and cheerleaders! At least I hope so anyways!

When we got in the car I realized that I completely failed as a mom today poor mlmm is so sunburned and man does her little noise look bad. The drive home was great all the kids rested and mlmm and mlh slept the man put some ice on and I cranked the radio to keep me awake. I defiantly need to get a team shirt so I can fit in with all the other moms. I was the only one with out one. I will have to succumb to this kind of peer pressure I guess. Ha! When we got home my little ones decided to put on a cheer performance and I think that mlh singing R-O-W A DY! is going to get really old even if it is totally cute (mlmm says C- colts! and throws her arms on a high V) I really need a video camera!

So we got home after stopping off to get some trees from a craigslist posting. I got over 20 yearlings for $45. I cannot believe it I hope they all survive the winter. I can not wait to plant them next weekend. When we got home because of being so tired I just wanted the kids to all go to sleep. I really need sleep, not sure if its because of being sunburned or the lack of water today but I am drained! Hopefully a great day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment